Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday

The sun is brightly shining as I sludge through the 100 degree furnace known as North Texas. Ironically, today feels like a rainy day and such a one that I am being spared the slightest satisfaction from wet drops cooling the temperature. Nothing is going right. The Gods of destiny have pre-determined that July 21st will not be a good day for me.

Our van is getting only 11 miles to the gallon after a recent expensive repair.

Our water heater pipes are leaking preventing me from taking my morning shower and costing us repair fees.


Our dryer's heating coil stayed on all of last night and today with the potential to burn our house down and kill us in our sleep if my wife hadn't accidently discover it.

I had to pull out the secret weapon. I thought that a quick trip to my favorite fast food joint, Chipotles, would surely cheer me up. But now I am stuck at my work desk having to deal with indigestion.

It's a Monday.

No comments: